15-20 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). You can do either option below:
- Option 1: Jogging
- Option 2: Mountain Climbers (Modified, if needed)
- Start off with a 1-minute warm up of high knees or jumping jacks just so your muscles are warmed up.
- Then move into the HIIT training by doing the jogging or mountain climbers (see video instruction on how to do a modified mountain climbers) as quickly as possible for 30 seconds, followed by 20-30 seconds of complete rest. Then 30 seconds of high intensity doing the move as quickly as possible and again 20-30 seconds of rest. Repeat this for 15-20 minutes depending on your level (or for as long as you can. These short intervals are difficult so if you can’t finish the full time that’s okay).
After you’ve finished your HIIT cardio training you’ll move into core.
Core exercise Super Set:
- Hold plank position (see video you can do these on your knees if you’d like) until failure (meaning until you can’t hold proper form any longer). Then hold side plank until failure, switch sides and hold on the other side until failure
- Swimmer (See video for instruction). You’ll be laying on your stomach and reaching up with your arm and opposite leg. Do this motion for 45 seconds.
- Oblique V Sit- (See video for instruction) Sit on the ground with your knees up, feet on the ground. Lean back until your core is engaged (for added difficulty you can also lift your feet slightly off the ground balancing on your butt). Take your hands and twist and touch your hands to the ground and then twist on the other side to do the same. Repeat this for 45 seconds.
- Repeat these three exercises back to back (which is one set). Once complete, repeat 1-2 more times depending on your level/ability.
Great job! Your workout is complete. Stretch your legs and core as you cool down.