This is a quick and easy way to prepare breakfast in advance! You can prep multiple batches based on your family size or based on how many breakfasts you want prepared in advance for the week ahead. My kids LOVE this!
Overnight Blueberry-Banana Protein Oats, Servings: 2
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 a banana, mashed up
- 1/2 cup of blueberries, mashed up
- 1/4 cup of blueberries (don't mash up these ones)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (or gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein (I use an all natural isolate)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons all natural zero calorie sugar (I used 2 TBSP of Xyltiol)
Directions: Mash up the blueberries and the banana together in a bowl. Then add in all of the other ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together well. Place the oats in a container (I use mason jars) to sit overnight in fridge and soak up all the liquids. Eat it in the morning cold or microwave for 30-60 seconds to eat it warm.
Optional: Top with your favorite nuts or seeds and/or top with additional berries of your choice.
Approximate calories per serving: 250