One of the biggest things I like to impress on my followers is that you don’t have to spend money on a gym membership to get in shape! Here are three workouts you can do anytime, anywhere. Each one can be done in a matter of minutes, which makes these great workouts for busy people like us!!
1. Squats - Stand with feet shoulder width apart and slightly turned out. Bend at the knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Don't let your heels rise up! Press through those heels to return to the start. Eight to 10 reps.
2. Push Ups - Hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart, and keep that core tight. Eight to 10 reps. Did you know you could do this motion against a wall so it’s something any fitness level could do?
3. Calf Raises - Begin with feet flat on the floor, shoulder width apart. Rise onto the tips of your toes, hold briefly, then return to the start. Ten to 12 reps.
4. Plank - Choose push up position or on your forearms. Either way, hold for at least 30-60 seconds. Instead of being on your feet you could use your knees or even do this against a ledge for added assistance.
5. Step Up - Use a staircase, a park bench or a step bench. Place your right foot on the step, then straighten the knee. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps before switching legs.
1. Plank - This workout is all about the core. Hold the plank for as long as you can (most people aim for a minute).
2. Pilates Swimming - Flip over on your tummy. Lift your right arm and left leg, keeping your neck neutral. Switch to left arm and right leg, repeating for 30 seconds.
3. Flutter Kick - Lie on your back, arms at your sides. Lift your heels a few inches, then make small, fluttering pulses with your legs for one minute.
4. Reverse Fly - Grab two bottles of water (alternatively, you can use a heavy can of food). Stand with a bottle in each hand, then hinge forward slightly from the waist with a straight back. Engage those abs, let your arms hang from your shoulders. Extend your arms to either side for eight to 10 reps.
5. Side Plank - Engage your core and balance on one foot and one elbow for 30-60 seconds. Flip to the other side.
1. Chair Dips - Use a chair or park bench. Feet flat on the floor, palms on the edge of the seat, bend your arms to 90 degrees before returning to the start. Eight to 10 reps.
2. Traveling Power Squat - Squat, hold for two seconds, then jump explosively upward. Ten to 12 reps.
3. Pilates Boxing - Stand with feet hip width apart and knees slightly bent. Raise fists to shoulder level. Alternate punching arms forward while holding those abs. Repeat 20 times on each arm.
4. Side Lunges - A great whole leg exercise! Keep your torso upright throughout, lunging to the right then the left 10 to 12 times on each leg. The wider your lunge, the more intense your workout.
If you want to step up these workouts, you can repeat them three times. Want more cardio? You can do 30 to 60 seconds of jumping jacks, running in place or climbing stairs between moves. You can sign up for more workouts with minimal or no equipment here.